Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Curtains


A couple years ago, I redecorated my living room. I needed some curtains, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, and to have them custom-made wasn't in my budget. So, I started going through some books on the subject. I went to JoAnn's and got my hands on some fabric swatches that I liked. I sketched out a design that was a compilation of features in other designs that appealed to me, and came up with this. It was an added challenge that the plaid design was printed not-squared to the weave, so I did what I could to conceal that fact. I think I did a pretty good job. I think I saved myself a few hundred dollars doing it myself. I was most excited when my aunt, who is a talented seamstress, came to my house last year for my son's graduation party, and she told my mother that she was impressed and even inspired by my curtains. Awe! :)

No comments: