Saturday, March 20, 2010

Guess which NICU nurse this is!

A couple Fridays ago, some of my coworkers and I decided to go out to dinner at Bravo's to cheer ourselves up after a sad day in the NICU.  We had a a great time!  Well, Bravo's is kind enough to cover their tablecloths with a huge sheet of drawing paper (and they supply crayons, too) so customers can pass the time while waiting for their food.  I decided to borrow a sharpie from one of our nurses, and attempted to draw a caricature of one of the girls in our crowd.  Consider me a rookie at caricature, because I only recently took a caricature workshop at the IAC.  This is my first attempt to draw one from life, and without the benefit of a pencil and eraser.  So, it's a bit raw.  The original drawing had a botched attempt at a sexy body, so I re-drew the body after I got it home, in the style of my caricature instructor Katherine Hilden (so yes, I did cheat a little).  She taught us that no matter how ugly your drawing is, all will be forgiven if you just add long eyelashes and big boobs (to the girls, that is).  So to any men reading this, NO, nurses do not dress this way for work.  We were all in our scrubs that night. :)

So...can anyone guess who this is?  Five points to everyone who gets it right!

Thanks to my daughter Alyssa, who helped me clean this up in Photoshop.  She's a pro with that stuff.

5 comments:

Em said...

So awesome, Connie! I know who it is!!!! :) I'd love you to do one of me sometime! They are so funny!!

Esther said...

I am the NICU nurse's mother and I laughed until I cried when I saw this. GREAT JOB!

Connie Nobbe said...

Em, I will draw you anytime!
Esther, I LOVE your daughter! She makes me smile and makes the workday fun!

megan said...

#1 i LOOOOVe this NICU nurse, and she's just as hot as you drew her!
#2 i didn't know you were a blogger! yay connie!

Connie Nobbe said...

Thanks Megs! I got inspired by you, Brooke, and Shelly when we went out for sushi last time. I've been hooked ever since!!