Monday, May 17, 2010

The Binding Bee

I just discovered an artist named Megan Winn at the Broad Ripple Art Fair this past weekend. She has a business called The Binding Bee.  She makes handmade blank books, and transforms old classic books into blank books.  These are beautiful little creations just begging to be someone's journal or sketchbook. She sells her stuff on Etsy.com, as well as at local art venues.  She's also super nice, which made me even more happy to support her in her artistic endeavors by making a purchase from her.  Here are pics of my little treasure which will ship to me soon. 
It's so darn cute, its almost a shame to sketch or write in it!  Afraid I won't do it justice! :)

4 comments:

brookie said...

How pretty! Makes me want to make 400 lists

Megan Winn The Binding Bee said...

Connie,

What an honor! Thank you so much for blogging about my work! I appreciate the support so much & hope that your new journal blesses & inspires you. :)

Cheers!!

Megan

megan said...

loving your love for the homemade stuff! etsy is TOTALLY addicting, ask brooke about when she approached me (i thought it was an intervention) about her own addiction. its a good story :) and my email addy is megan.doddridge@gmail.com i'd love to hear from you any time!!

Alyssa Nobbe said...

you always will give it justice mom. ur an awesome artist!