Sunday, July 4, 2010

Birthweek Number 22 times 2

June 24 was my very happy birthday, but my celebration activities were sprinkled over the course of a week. Actually, I think that it takes a full week to properly celebrate your birthday. It should be renamed "Happy Birthweek." I believe it's important to do nice things for yourself, in addition to enjoying what others do for you on your birthday. I can have a fun birthday, even if I'm by myself. Which I mostly was, on June 24.

Here is my series of fortunate events:
Jake took me to Bob Evans for breakfast, and I had these tasty blueberry crepes.



I spent the afternoon finishing a painting that I haven't touched since last October.  It was wonderful getting back to my easel, playing in paint.  Love that smell of linseed oil in my art room again.  I also loved that I got it finished.  I had originally thought I'd like to sell it on Ebay, but Alyssa insists that I not.  It's of a picture of a cat we used to have.  Here is a photo of it finished...
 After that, it was suppertime, so I took my supper of fried chicken and mac n cheese and strawberries out to my patio and listened to the sound of my fountain and my windchimes while I ate.

Then it was time to run to see my kids do their sporting events.  Here is Jake playing ultimate frisbee...

That guy's cleats are coming too close to my son's face.  But I keep my mouth shut.
Then I went to watch Alyssa play softball...



That night, I got my birthday brownie.
Here I am going through the birthday motions...

On Friday, my hubby gave me what I had on my birthday wish list...TINTED WINDOWS for my car!!!!  Yay!!  Now my car is an even sweeter ride!

 On Saturday, June 26, my friend and fellow nurse Erika brought a cake to work to surprise me for my belated birthday.  This cake was awesome!  It was made by her and her daughter Brianna.  It said "We (heart) Connie" on top.  As you can see, it was very, very tall.  It was reduced to a pile of rubble by the end of the day, but it will go down in the NICU history book as the most amazing cake to ever grace that nurses' station (I think).  Thanks Erika!  I loved it!!!




















And if that hasn't been enough, we all decided to go to Bravo's on Sunday after work to "celebrate my birthday" which was just really a reason to get together for a good time!








Someone grab a hose and put out the fire on my face!

I don't have a pic of everyone that was there, so if any of my nurse friends could send me more, I can show who all was there...





While at Bravo's, I asked Becky to draw a caricature of me.  This is her masterpiece.  I love it!  It shows how happy I was! :)




Well, I don't have pics to show that I also went shopping with my daughter and my mom, and that I met up with my dad and stepmom for brunch, but those great visits were also part of my birthweek.

Thanks everyone!!!
 
THE END!

2 comments:

brookie said...

I am so sad that I missed the rainbow cake and the bravo's night! What fun! I do love the idea of a birthday week.

megan said...

i'm not sure if you noticed, but tinkerbell is in your kitchen celebrating your birthday with you?!