Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun Date with Wine and Canvas

Last night, my husband Jeff and I had fun painting together!  We tried out a new artsy event put on by the traveling business called "Wine and Canvas."  This one was held at Don Pablos near Keystone at the Crossing. 
We were taken step-by-step through the completion of an acrylic landscape painting by artist Erik Swenson. 

Our group was smaller than they usually have.  But that was rather nice because we had more individual help from the instructor.
I was very careful not to dip my brush in my margarita, or to drink my paint water.
You can check out www.wineandcanvas.com if you are interested in signing up for an event.

Here is the final result of everyone's efforts.
At the end of the evening, Jeff said, "This was fun!"  I agree!  I recommend it to all couples out there who are willing to give it a try.

The kids and I voted for which one turned out best, and Jeff's painting won unanimously!!  So I look forward to hanging it up on the wall!  

2 comments:

JanettMarie said...

Hey now that looks like it was fun!
Do you know is the instructor different each time?
Looks like fun!

brookie said...

LOVE this. How cute is your husband with his finished canvas? ADORABLE