Thursday, August 16, 2012

Three Daisies


My last painting had very subdued, neutral colors, so I was starving for bright, intense colors.  I purchased the most garish flowers I could find for this next one.  It's funny how you start to see flowers as conscious beings when you spend time studying and painting them.  I came home from work one day, and my daisies had suddenly all croaked while I was away.  I felt sorry for them and took this instagram shot of them.  The next day, they disintegrated and fell into tiny pieces to the blue table top. :(  Poor little things.  They hung in there as long as they could, but the other responsibilities of my life keep me out of the studio for days at a time.
 










Fortunately, I had taken a good photo of them a couple days earlier.  That is how I was able to finish this painting tonight.   
"Three Daisies",  8 x 10,  oil on Raymar canvas panel


1 comment:

Connie Nobbe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.