Wednesday, January 2, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days?

Could I possibly do this?  We'll find out.  I saw this challenge on my friend Janettmarie's blog, and I got inspired.  It starts today, but I just signed up tonight.

"If your friends jumped off a cliff, would you???"  I guess I will have to answer in the affirmative.

With my nursing job, and the 12-hour shifts, this will prove extra challenging.  I'll be pretty proud of myself if I get 18 done, which is how many days I am not at work during the month of January.  Oh but...I do have to spend one day at the Indianapolis Home Show...and my husband's birthday is in January...and there is that day I go to the optometrist to get my pupils dilated (makes for bad paintings).  So...15 is my goal...if I get 15 done, I will be pretty darn proud of myself.  If I paint 2 a day on those days, I would slay the challenge.

What's the prize if I slay the challenge?  Feeling REALLY darn proud of myself.  And maybe a couple bucks if I sell one.

If you would like to read more about this challenge issued by Leslie Saeta, her blog link is right HERE.

FYI: The practice of doing a small painting a day, then posting them on a blog and selling online, was started 2004 by an artist named Duane Keiser,  He was so successful that other artists joined him in this effort.  Some of those artists became very skilled very quickly, and are enjoying great success.  Since then, many such challenges have been introduced in the internet environment, and it's a popular modern-day practice for artists who want to improve their work quickly.  There are a few online galleries who feature nothing but daily painters.  You can read a more in-depth article (2006) from USA Today HERE.

3 comments:

brooke said...

DO IT!!! I want to see.

Jessica said...

Hello there, I've just red of the 30 day challenge. This sounds challenging and fun, is there a need for me to sign up something or do I need to register? I like too join too.

Thanks for help.

Connie Nobbe said...

Hi Jessica, just click on the link for Leslie Saeta's blog, and she explains everything. It's easy to sign up. She also explains how to upload your pictures to her blog. You should join! It will be fun and hard and an opportunity for growth!