Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Green Apple in Gouache - 3 of 30



I am experimenting with a pan set of Pelikan Gouache.  Gouache is a watercolor only it is opaque, not transparent like watercolors are.  This kind of paint really shows it's attributes when applied to colored papers.  I have used tan paper for this one. 

Pelikan is the economy line, and the colors were a bit muddy.  I did what I could with it, but I look forward to trying a better brand sometime soon, as it was exciting to use.  The white really lights up on toned paper.

1 comment:

Dave Casey said...

Beautiful, even if it is with the student grade gouache. Should be interesting to see what you can do with the pro grade paints.

And that apple looks vaguely familiar. Oh yeah, it is in my still-life set up right now for the painting I'm working on. :)