Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Cards for Coats - SOLD OUT

Vertical Folded Christmas Cards - 5"x7"


They're here!  These Christmas cards feature my painting "Poinsettia Study" and are available in packs of 10 cards for $20.  I will be donating a portion of the proceeds to Operation Warm, an organization with this stated mission:

  • Operation Warm addresses an immediate and critical need for warm coats;
  • Our coats are leveraged to go beyond warmth and strengthen relationships between our partners and their communities by facilitating positive outcomes that aid in the breakdown of dependence on long-term assistance.
  • Through our work, Operation Warm advocates for awareness of the impact of poverty on families and communities, and demonstrates how even one person can make a positive difference in the life of a child.
I have been pondering and praying about how to use my art (at least in some small way) to make the world a better place, and I hope this project does exactly that.  We are headed for a rough winter.  I hate HATE being cold and I can't stand the thought of a child not having a warm coat.   

And yet... Operation Warm does more than just pass out coats.  They, through community-based partnerships, help empower parents with education, skills training, etc. to help them pull themselves out of poverty.  I think that's as important as the coats.  I hope you click on the above link and learn more about what they do. 
The inside of this card says:

You can purchase directly from me if you see me in person (I can take cash, check or credit card), OR you can order online (with credit/debit/PayPal) and pay $5.25 for shipping.  Available while supplies last - SOLD OUT.
If you already have your Christmas cards ready to send this year, don't worry, you can still buy these and save 'em for next year. ;)

Thanks for helping me help others this Christmas.

No comments: