Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Poinsettia Study is ready to go

​Poinsettias, especially red ones, are jolly and joyous.
They sing along with spirited church choirs.
They laugh along with the Ghost of Christmas Present.
They glow along with decorated Christmas trees.
They are unmistakably Christmas, classic and beautiful.

"Poinsettia Study"       7" x 9"      Oil on panel
 
If you follow my blog, you are familiar with this image.  It's the painting featured on my Christmas cards that I am selling this year for charity.

I posted about this painting while the paint was still wet back in January, when I was trying to participate in a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

Well, the painting is now dry, mounted, varnished and accented by a lovely gold frame.  It's been hanging in my home just waiting for December to come, and now it's looking for it's forever home.

No comments: