Sunday, January 4, 2015

Have you seen my-...Heeey!!

Last evening was my daughter's last one at home for her college Christmas break.  She hung out with me in my studio and watched me "demo" and pretend teach with this painting, her as my student.  She gave me teaching tips (her major at BSU) and, when asked, her opinion on the painting itself.  Toward the end of the painting, I gave her the brush and had her dash in some accents and improvements.  She seemed amazed, honored, and thrilled that I would allow her to do that.  Her fun barometer went way up when she got to drive the brush.  She is in love with the painting now for more than one reason, so I said she could have it.  We came up with a name for it.  It was a nice conclusion to our time together.  She drove back to school today.  I miss her already.

"Have You Seen My--...HEEEY!!"    6" x 6"   Oil on Arches Paper


5 comments:

Cathy Nobbe said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Fun story to go with it.

Deborah Kirkeeide said...

Great story! And nice painting.

Sandra Busby said...

What a lovely thing to do together! I wish my kids got in to art, but sadly neither are inclined. I'm on a quest from February to paint small and loose. For so long I have been producing 'tight' paintings... It's time for me to let go!

Jacklyn Karabaich said...

Very impressive glass!
And loved your post!

Catharina Engberg said...

That was a fun way of doing it, and it must take some guts ;) It is looking great! Love those happy colors!